Wednesday 2 January 2019

Dear Brian,

It’s 2019 already. This is the first Christmas and New Year without you and it’s been exceptionally hard. I remember last Christmas in church, we professed our long term plans for and with each other. “Let’s grow old together”, you said, do you remember? There are times when I still cannot come to terms with reality but there are also times when I am absolutely engrossed with my career that I sometimes forget you were dilapidated.
I can’t tell you how much you are terribly missed and you will always be the biggest part of my life. I don’t know how much of a toll it’s taken on me but I promise you that you will always be remembered because you are invariably cherished. This New Years, the void and absence in my heart which you left is slowly starting to be filled with more love, kindness, forgiveness and humility. Through the grief and despondency, your absence has taught me to be more benevolent and thoughtful in so many ways of my life. Although there were moments in our relationships that defined abuse and captivating amorousness, you have changed my life in ways that has made me stronger, happier and braver to confront the worst situations as they come.
Even though you aren’t here right now, I know you’re in a better place right now and I want you to know that you will be deeply embraced and enshrined in my life forever. I love you.
Lots of Love,
Sonia David
PhD Scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment